Parent Resource Room
What is a Parent Resource Room?
A Parent Resource Room is a room that houses literacy and math materials that may be borrowed and used at home by families. These high interest materials are available to motivate students to learn at home with the help of parents/guardians.
Where is the Parent Resource Room located? When is it open?
As you enter the Media Center, you can find the the Parent Resource Room in the last room to the right. Any time the school is open, you are welcome to drop by.
Who can use the Parent Resource Room?
Using the honor system, any family member can borrow materials.
What are the procedures for checking out materials?
1. At this time, there is a sign out sheet in a blue notebook. Write the student's name, parent's name, phone number and the materials you are borrowing.
2. Place the materials in the backpack or bag that is provided. These bags are provided to help you carry the materials and to keep all the materials together until you return them to the room.
3. When returning borrowed items, place them in the bag container.
4. On the sign out form, write a check by the items you returned.
Please be considerate and return all items within 2 weeks in good condition.
What kind of materials are available?
There is a great variety of learning materials available for check out.
* Books sorted by reading level, graphic novels (comic books), and magazines
* Books on CD or cassette, CD and cassette players/headphones and Leap Pads
(You will need to provide batteries.)
* Big books, Read Together books and hardcover read aloud books
* Math and Reading games, flashcards, and activity books
* Writing journals, white boards, markers, magnetic letters and boards